E-mail Setup Guidelines
SETUP YOUR EMAIL
To setup your email the following settings should be changed in Outlook (or other e-mail program):
Your username is now your full email address(i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- incoming (pop3) and outgoing (smtp) should be set to 'mail2.christwebs.com'.
- Under the 'more settings button', outgoing server tab select my outgoing server (smtp) requires authentication.
- Under the 'advanced' tab set the server port numbers for the outgoing server (smtp) to '2525'.
- Also under the 'advanced' tab set server timeouts to 'long'.
- Then click 'ok' and 'finish', saving your changes.
- Shutdown your Outlook program and restart it. Your email should now be operational.
Trouble sending mail?
A number of ISP’s, the Internet service providers, like AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, etc., have changed the rules on us as an email provider. They are trying to keep their networks free of spam by blocking access to email providers outside of their network.
So you must change your OUTGOING SMTP mail settings to get your email sent through your providers firewall block.
Below is a check list of items you need to fix it:
- Check the SMTP Outgoing port (do not use 25), but 2525, 23 and port 26 will work.
- Use password or plain text authentication
- Choose my outgoing server requires authentication
- Use same settings as your incoming server
- Make sure your username is your full email address
- Uncheck and option to use SSL
- Do not use SPA or secure password authentication.
Save your settings and try to send email. If still have email send problems, please call me.
SETUP YOUR SPAMFILTERING
Each email account has automatic spam filtering. Each user must register as a new user and a temporary password will be emailed to them. A user may elect to change the temporary password. Email identified as spam will be quarantined for three days and then deleted. Quarantined email may be released or sent to the user if desired and the filter will learn to receive email from the sender in the future. Please visit your preferences in the spam filter to set up email notifications of spam.
The address for the spam filter is
USE WEB MAIL ADMIN TO MANAGE ACCOUNTS
We can give one or more email users of your domain admin control of all your companies email through our web mail admin. You can add, delete and change email addresses as well as set auto replies and out-of-office messages. Each user may control features only on their email account.
The login address is http://webmail.christwebs.com/webadmin/
Also you may use our web mail to access your email away from the office at= http://webmail.christwebs.com
Click here for direction on how to retrieve e-mail headers.