How to Use the Spam Filter
1) When you set up your web site and e-mail with Christwebs, you are
automatically added to our Spam Filter service. Before you can login
in to the service to check your messages in quarantine, you'll need
to create a login.
When you sign up all you do is enter your e-mail address and we will
e-mail mail you a temporary password.
2) When you have your password you
are free to login.
3) If you wish to change your temporary password after logging in this
is easy to do. Simply enter you temporary password under Old
Password and a New Password. After clicking
Update Password, your new password should be ready and
you can use it the next time you login.
4) When you first login you are presented with a list of all the e-mails
you have under quarantine. The List Spam Messages screen
serves as central hub for message management. On this screen you can:
- Delete Selected Messages
Check off the messages you wish to delete and click the Delete
Selected button. You will get a confirmation screen before
they are sent.
- Send Selected Messages
Check off the messages you wish to send and click the Send Selected button.
You will get a confirmation screen before they are sent.
- Filter Messages
You can filter your messages by typing the desired word(s) into the Filter
Messages text box and clicking the Filter Messages gray
- Batch Message Select/Unselect
Using the drop down next to Select Task you can
batch select or unselect all messages.
- Show Reject Details
Using the Show Reject Details checkbox you can optionally
show the reason why the message was quarantined.
5) You can also White List e-mail addresses that you want to pass through
the spam filter without being quarantined. When you send an e-mail from
the quarantine list, the sender's e-mail is automatically added to the
list. You can remove the e-mail by clicking Remove in
You can also manually add new e-mail addresses to your white list as
6) Lastly, you can set individual preferences on how the spam filter